Are you a mental health lead who wants the skills, confidence and support you need to lead a whole school approach and make a real difference to the wellbeing of staff and pupils?
The Connect Senior Lead Training
- 1 hour introductory webinar - meet us and connect with your support network in a live online session.
- 10 x 30 minute training videos - two videos are released each month so that you can work through the units at your convenience and embed new knowledge into the day to day practice in your school.
- 2 x 30 minute 1:1 strategy coaching sessions - the programme ends with two coaching calls to help you implement your learning and lead long term, strategic change to improve the mental health provision in your school.
We also include a complimentary 12 month membership, which allows up to 10 members of staff from your school to access half termly training and networking sessions and receive termly resource packs to support mental health and wellbeing.Book now for £595
The Full Four Wings
In addition to the Connect Senior Lead Training, this package also provides you with additional elements:
- Our Four Wing Audit at the beginning of the programme. This will to evaluate your current mental health provision in each of the 8 key principles outlined by the DfE for promoting the mental health of children and young people and provide you with a comprehensive report.
- A second Four Wing Audit at the end of the programme, with a second detailed report, allowing you to see the impact of the changes you've made.
- A suite of ten minute training videos for both staff and parents, allowing you to disseminate the key information from the training in a bitesize format, either in staff training sessions, parent information sessions, or as a resource for your website.
Upgrade to the full package for £1200
The DfE are offering grants so that schools can access training for their Mental Health Leads from approved providers.
As one of these quality assured providers, we can offer fully funded places on our programme, which provides 7 hours of training for the Senior Mental Health Lead, along with 12 months of ongoing support for the whole team (up to 10 members of staff in total).
Our programme increases the confidence and expertise of senior mental health leads enabling them to create a cohesive and effective team which supports strategic change.
As a result, staff and students are mentally healthier and feel supported, leading to improved attendance, behaviour and progress.
Learning level: Intermediate
Course code: (needed to demonstrate you are booking with an approved provider) SMHL085
Suitable for: Primary Schools, Secondary Schools, Colleges (Sixth Form and Further Education), Middle deemed Primary, Middle deemed Secondary, Special School, Alternative ProvisionI'm not ready to book yet, but I'd like to register my interest
Our programme equips leaders with what they need to embed mental health policy and practice in a way that is impactful and sustainable.
Our 35+ years of experience has enabled us to design a programme that offers mental health leads a blueprint for the effective creation of a progressive mental health culture.
The online units are released monthly over a five month period so that learning can be embedded and applied. Leads are supported in designing solutions for persistent challenges around mental health, to identify and address gaps in provision, and to create a positive culture.
Our Flying Start webinar (available each month) introduces you to the programme and Claire & Rachael are on-hand to answer any questions and provide support.
Our 5 core units are divided into 10 x 30 minute videos for you to access at your convenience. They cover:
Leadership and management; Staff development; Creating an ethos and environment; Identifying needs and monitoring impact of interventions; Targeted support and appropriate referrals.
After the core units, you have 2 x 1:1 strategy coaching sessions (30 minutes each) where you're provided with a safe space to discuss your approach to the role, your goals and explore possible actions to implement your strategic vision.
For the whole mental health team - regular updates, training & networking, team workshops and support packs.
6 x 1 hour optional training and networking sessions available plus online support
Meet fellow leads and mental health teams from other schools and colleges
Regular team workshops: discuss dilemmas you might face in school to establish your values as a team and a common approach for dealing with difficult situations.
We'll send you emails summarising the latest research and developments around mental health, giving the lowdown on government policies and what's being reported in the media about mental health and wellbeing in education. We'll also keep these updates in a library on your membership platform - so they're there, online, all in one place whenever you need to access the information.
Usually, a training session with us would cost at least £129. As a part of your membership, we're offering SIX training and networking sessions throughout the year. You'll be able to vote for your training preference and we'll balance our evidence based input with the opportunity to discuss issues with colleagues from other schools and colleges nationwide - giving you access to a vast array of expertise. All sessions are online and after the school day for your convenience.
We have a wealth of resources available to help you promote a positive mental health culture, break down stigma around mental health, and support the mental health and wellbeing of staff, pupils, and families. These will be emailed to you each term and also be stored on the membership platform for you to dip into, refer back to, or download at your convenience - so you never have to worry about searching back through your emails to find what you need!
Getting Support That Makes a Difference...
We know staff are busy and don't have time to navigate hundreds of resources regularly. That's why what we offer is streamlined, impactful and designed to make a difference in a way that doesn't feel overwhelming.
Do you recognise yourself in any of these scenarios?
- You're a newly appointed Senior Mental Health Lead who knows that wellbeing and learning go hand-in-hand, but working out how to piece them together seems overwhelming. You'd love some real life examples and practical advice.
- As a Mental Health Lead, you have a team around you who want more help with supporting mental health and wellbeing . You'd love some regular professional advice for them all without it costing an arm and a leg.
- You have lots of experience with young people, but in a responsible role as Mental Health Lead and with changing times you want to discuss ideas in a safe space.
- You know that you can never know everything, but you love learning and welcome any chance to increase your knowledge and insight so you can make strategic changes with confidence in your context.
- You're passionate about wellbeing for all and have a lot to offer other colleagues and settings. You'd love to be part of a nationwide network of likeminded people to share ideas.
You (and the young people in your life) would benefit from having Claire and Rachael in your corner.
If any of the above rings true, you'll be pleasantly surprised to see that all of these amazing benefits are jam-packed into our training programme for Senior Mental Health Leads and the accompanying membership for the whole mental health team.Find out more about Dragonfly Impact
Meet Rachael & Claire
We're the founders of Dragonfly: Impact Education.
Our mission: To give leaders the expertise to build schools where good mental health is the foundation for all success.
For us, ensuring a positive mental health culture in schools is a Four Wing thing.
Just as a dragonfly needs four wings to have the manoeuvrability to adapt and respond to its environment, school cultures need four elements in place to ensure all members of the community can benefit from good mental health, resilience and the capacity to respond to the challenges we all face.
𝗣𝗿𝗼𝗳𝗲𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻𝗮𝗹 𝘄𝗲𝗹𝗹𝗯𝗲𝗶𝗻𝗴: for pupils to be well, the adults around them need to be well!
𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗿𝗮𝗰𝘁𝗲𝗿 & 𝗰𝘂𝗹𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗲: having clear values, prioritising mental health and wellbeing and creating psychological safety establishes a culture where good mental health can flourish.
𝗦𝗮𝗳𝗲 𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗱𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀: we all need to feel safe – physically, emotionally and psychologically – and we all need to have our needs met. These are the foundations for mental health.
𝗪𝗲𝗹𝗹 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗴 𝗺𝗶𝗻𝗱𝘀: school staff need to know how to support the good mental health of all their pupils, spot the signs of mental ill-health and have a clear system to follow when they have a concern.
That’s why our Four Wing thing underpins all of our training. Because above all, minds matter.
What people have said about working with us -
"Thanks again for the course - hands down best CPD I've ever done!"
Noel Chambers – Hebburn Comprehensive School, Tyne and Wear
"I really enjoyed working with Rachael and Claire. Even though the course was remotely delivered they both were approachable, warm and easy to talk to."
Kathryn Jobling - Lobley Hill Primary School, Tyne and Wear
"Claire and Rachael were both incredibly sensitive, flexible, supportive and knowledgeable. Both were so engaging throughout and they really couldn't offer more for their learners. The online platform was very useful! This gave more flexibility and opportunity for catch ups when needed. An excellent idea if you have missed out on anything or need to look again."
Sophie Howarth – Blyth School, NottinghamRead more testimonials here
Book your Approved Senior Mental Health Lead Training
Book your place now using the NAME and EMAIL ADDRESS of the senior mental health lead who will be completing the training.
If you have not yet begun your DfE application, you are welcome to book first to secure your preferred date using this form and then complete the DfE application here.
Or you can use the Register my Interest form below this one if you'd rather us send you more detailed information about the grant before you reserve your spot.
If you have any queries about this, please email us - [email protected]
Our standard terms of business are available here.
We will use this data to contact the delegate with details of the course and any other relevant news and offers (opt out at any time of course).
Register my interest
I'm not ready to book yet, but please register my interest.
We won't send spam. Unsubscribe at any time.